CD117 is a tyrosine-kinase receptor for stem cell factor (SCF), also known as “steel factor” or “c-kit ligand”. C-kit is a polypeptide that activates bone marrow precursors of a number of blood cells, but its receptor is also present in other cells. C-kit mutations in the interstitial cells of Cajal in the digestive tract are probably the key to Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors (GISTs). CD117 is found on interstitial cells of Cajal, germ cells, bone marrow stem cells, melanocytes, breast epithelium and mast cells. This receptor is found on a wide variety of tumor cells (Follicular and Papillary Carcinoma of the Thyroid, Adenocarcinomas from endometrium, lung, ovary, pancreas, breast; Malignant Melanoma, Endodermal Sinus Tumor, Small-cell Carcinoma) but has been particularly useful in differentiating Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors (GIST) from Kaposi’s Sarcoma and tumors of smooth-muscle origin.
Product Code Product Name BSB 5321 CD117 RMab, 1 ml, concentrate BSB 5318 Tinto CD117 RMab, 15 ml, predilute BSB 5322 CD117, 5 + control slides BSB 5319 CD117 RMab, 0.1 ml, concentrate
- CD34CD34 functions as a cell-cell adhesion factor and cell-surface glycoprotein. It may also mediate the attachment of stem cells to bone marrow extracellular matrixes or directly to stromal cells. Cells expressing CD34 are normally found in the umbilical cord and bone marrow as hematopoletic cells, and in vascular endothelium.
Product Code Product Name BSB 5230 CD34, 1 ml, concentrate BSB 5227 Tinto CD34, 15 ml, predilute BSB 5231 CD34, 5 + control slides BSB 5228 CD34, 0.1 ml, concentrate
- DesminDesmin is a type of intermediate filament found near the Z line in sarcomeres. Both vimentin and desmin are characteristics of mesenchymal cells.
Desmin antibody detects a protein that is expressed by cells of normal smooth, skeletal and cardiac muscles. Light microscopy studies of desmin suggests that it is primarily located at or near the periphery of Z lines in striated muscle fibrils.
Product Code Product Name BSB 5461 Desmin, 1 ml, concentrate BSB 5458 Tinto Desmin, 15 ml, predilute BSB 5462 Desmin, 5 + control slides BSB 5459 Desmin, 0.1 ml, concentrate
- DOG1 RMabDOG1 (discovered on GIST 1), a cell-surface protein of unknown function, is expressed strongly on the cell surface of GISTs and is rarely expressed in other soft tissue tumors. Among GIST cases with c-Kit mutations, the DOG1 antibody identified 11% more cases than a c-Kit antibody. DOG1 identifies the vast majority of both c-Kit negative and PDGFRA mutated GIST cases that may still benefit from imatinib mesylate (Gleevac), an inhibitor of the kit tyrosine kinase. In addition, DOG1 immunoreactivity is seen in fewer cases of mesenchymal and epithelial tumors, and melanomas when compared with c-Kit. The use of this highly-sensitive and specific novel marker should increase the accuracy of GIST diagnosis.
Product Code Product Name BSB 6273 DOG1 RMab, 1 ml, concentrate BSB 6270 Tinto DOG1 RMab, 15 ml, predilute BSB 6274 DOG1, 5 + control slides BSB 6271 DOG1 RMab, 0.1ml, concentrate
- S-100 MonoclonalS-100 protein is a type of low-molecular weight protein found in vertebrates, characterized by two calcium-binding sites of the helix-loop-helix conformation. S-100 is normally present in cells derived from the neural crest (Schwann cells, melanocytes and glial cells), chondrocytes, adipocytes, myoepithelial cells, macrophages, Langerhans cells, dendritic cells, and keratinocytes.
Product Code Product Name BSB 5922 S-100 Monoclonal, 1ml, concentrate BSB 5919 Tinto S-100 Monoclonal, 15 ml, predilute BSB 5923 S-100, 5 + control slides BSB 5920 S-100 Monoclonal, 0.1 ml, concentrate
- S100BetaCell division cycle 73, Paf1/RNA polymerase II complex component, homolog (S.cerevisiae), also known as CDC73 and parafibromin, is a protein which in humans is encoded by the CDC73 gene. Mutations in the CDC73 gene are associated with hyperparathyroidism-jaw tumor syndrome (HPT-JT) and parathyroid carcinomas.The proposed role of HRPT2 as a tumor suppressor was supported by mutation screening in parathyroid adenomas with cystic features, which identified three somatic inactivating mutations, all located in exon 1.
Product Code Product Name BSB 2180 S100Beta, 1ml, concentrate BSB 2177 Tinto S100Beta, 15 ml, predilute BSB 2181 S100Beta, 5 + control slides BSB 2178 S100Beta, 0.1 ml, concentrate